“What moves your compassion may be what God is calling you to do.”
I have a beautiful family, a nice home, a wonderful job and my needs are all met. I could buy another pair of shoes or a new shirt, but I don’t need a thing. And I have discovered that this favor is undeserved and I have the responsibility to use my gifts, talents and abilities to HELP those who do not have all these undeserved blessings.
Opportunities of Significance
I am currently involved with The HELPS Organization. An organic 501c that is looking for people with a desire to make their days count for something. Do you have the desire to be part of something? Do you want to contribute to helping meet the needs of others?
Here is one way HELPS is making a difference in the lives of 7 Kenyan Kids. In December President Charles Coggins and his wife went on their annual trip to Ruiru, Kenya. They were able to tell the children that because of the faithful partners of The HELPS Organization, we were going to be able to sponsor all 7 children to continue their education and go on to High School. You see, free education stops in 8th grade in Kenya. The Children’s home did not have the funds to send the kids to school and were facing having to send them away to make room for other children in need. Read one of the amazing testimonies below.
Here are some ways you could use your God-given gifts to make a huge impact.
- Become an active, “I refuse to do nothing” HELPS team member raising awareness for Health, Education, Leadership and Planning Services around the world.
- Donate crafts or home-made items to our HELPS Market
- Go on a Missions trip with HELPS
- Sponsor a Father’s House kid to go to school $600 a year for high school, $3000 a year for college.
- Sponsor a Kenya Bible School Student $100 a year
- Do you speak Spanish? Go to Peru for Annual Leadership Conference and help with interpretation
- Participate in the Annual Leadership Conference in Peru
- Go to Jamaica to help with a Summer School Tutoring Program
- Are you a gifted in Construction? A church in Kenya and India need you.
- Are you a photographer go on a Mission trip with HELPS to document the trip artistically.
- Give out of your abundance
- CONTACT ME to get Involved!
I write this to let you know how I had felt earlier when Pastor Victor called us into the office and told us that we were going back to our living relatives. I felt my life shortened, I felt very sad that I would have to drop out of school in 8thgrade. I had seen how the lives of those 8thgrade drop-outs were. I began to cry for fear of being one of them. I felt I had been abandoned. I fully counted myself as a house girl to somebody. I couldn’t eat, I would sit on my bed and start weeping and wondering. My mum is helpless she could not take me to high school where will I go? Would I have happy moments again in my life, like at the Father’s House Children’s Home? Then a speaker came to the Father’s House Church, I went up for prayer for a miracle. I started meditating on Jeremiah 29:11, I changed all my thoughts and told God if He is the holder of my future I will not fear anything. I began to tell the other children to thank Pastor Victor and Eunice for the care they have given. Some stayed in fear because our families were notified and any minute they may show up to take us away.
Then the great Day came December 12th 2011, when Mum Connie told us the good news of being sponsored to high school. You returned my hope of becoming a great person in the future. I am so thankful for those who have kept their hands to sponsor us. I have seen the miracle I was praying for. I promise to work very hard in high school to reach my destiny and to help others who were like me. No more fear. I am 17 going to high school and I want to be in international public relations.
Contact Emily French for more information on becoming a HELPS Team Member.
The HELPS Organization
P.O. Box 2481
Broken Arrow, Ok 74013